Thursday 7 March 2013

India winning the Cricket World Cup 2011


Some of the memorable moments of the World cup.


Team India winning the Cricket World Cup 2011


Team India winning the quarter final against Australia


Dhoni wins the cup for India in style


"I am speechless, to be honest, to express myself and how I feel. This is by far the best moment. This is the moment I have been waiting for, for such a long time, 21 or 22 years. It is really worth every bit of it. It is really, really special." said  Sachin Tendulkar.


Finally the World Cup realizes its dream.... of being lifted by Sachin Tendulkar


======================================================================

On 2nd April, 2011, India repeats history by winning the World Cup after waiting for 28 long years. Watch the video to relive all the memories.





=======================================================================


Another amazing video of the World Cup 2011 win which shows that Cricket for Indian fans, is not merely a game, but a religion ! And Sachin is their God.





=======================================================================


"I couldn't have asked for anything more than this. Winning the World Cup is the proudest moment of my life. Thanks to my team-mates. Without them, nothing would have happened. I couldn't control my tears of joy."
Sachin Tendulkar

"I took a quite few decisions tonight, if we hadn't won I would have been asked quite a few questions: Why no Ashwin, why Sreesanth, why no Yuvraj, why did I bat ahead?! That pushed me and motivated to do well"
MS Dhoni 

"This is unbelievable. The Under-19 World Cup, then the World Twenty20 but this is the most special. For Sachin, for everyone else."
Yuvraj Singh

"All credit goes to Sachin Tendulkar. We played for him. Beating Australia and Pakistan and now this, its a dream come true."
Gautam Gambhir

"It means the world to me. I have been part of the three World Cups. This is for the nation. Thank you very much, we love you. This cup is for the people. Love you India!"
Harbhajan Singh 

"This goes out to all the people of India. This is my first World Cup; I can't ask for more. Tendulkar has carried the burden of nation for 21 years; It was time we carried him. Chak de India!"
Virat Kohli

No comments:

Post a Comment